Online Casino Jackpots – Jackpots Casino Australia 2016
Australian players can use this as an informative guide to find the very best casinos online. New to the online casino family- then this is the best guide to assist you! Jackpots Casino is one of the best sources of informative data for players interested in the latest online gaming in 2016. All of the information that we compile is trusted, honest, fair and well investigated. We look at online gaming holistically, from where to find the most enjoyable games, to also assisting first timers on how to play.
Online Casino History
Online casinos are now an integrated part of our society, it is a market that has taken off drastically, but before the “revolution of gaming”, where and how did this fantastic innovation begin?
Online casinos started in 1994 when the government of Antigua and Barbuda passed a bill called the Free Trade and Processing Act. The passing of this Act is what ultimately fueled the idea of online casinos before the correct technology had even been developed. The Free Trade and Processing Act made possible for business owners to start providing these services over the Internet.
At the same time, a software company called Microgaming was formed, and this would revolutionise online games as we know them. They were able to make their systems secure, by making use of different online software group called Crytologic, which enabled online transactions to take place.
Both these companies were pivotal in the launch of online casinos. Although there is no credible source to confirm what the first online casino was, it is believed that “The Gaming Club” was first online casino, launched in 1995. Another internet-based casino was launched in 1996 called “Intercasino” whom giants Crytologic were the masterminds of.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN OUR ONLINE CASINOS
Online casinos have become extremely popular in Australia over the last few years, with plenty of new games and different casinos for players to try out. Jackpots Casino aims to be your guide to the world of online casinos servicing the Australian market. We take care to only review online casinos that are well suited for our audience. Below is a list of Australian user-friendly tips to be mindful of;
- Regulated Casinos: Although Internet casinos have been around for some time, people are still hesitant to make use of them, as they don’t trust them. The reason for this is that there have been cases that online casinos have conned their users out of their money. By making use of Jackpots Casino Australia, you are guaranteed that all the relevant research would have been done to ensure that your experience is safe and credible.
- The Safest Online Casinos: When assessing online casinos, we don’t only check whether the games are fair, but whether the correct safety procedures are taken into consideration when it comes to your confidential information. We understand that it is of the utmost importance that your card details be kept private to ensure the highest level of security for you. Any casino that we recommend is guaranteed to protect your confidential information.
- Exclusive Bonuses: At Jackpots Casino Australia we go the extra mile in approaching our reputable casinos and liaise with them, to give us unbelievable bonuses and promotions that we can share with our players. If you happen to be searching for a Welcome Bonus, we may be able to provide you with a deal that a normal player would not have access to.
- Fast and Reliable Payouts: After winning a great payout, we understand that you don’t want the inconvenience of waiting ages to receive your winnings. To ensure that this does not happen, one of our standards that we look into is the average turnaround time of payment from the casinos. This way we are able to make sure that it happens in a reasonably quick time frame.
- Honest Reviews: Jackpots Casino Australia exercises its right to ensure that we provide our users with fair and objective reviews of our casinos. We are not biassed with our reviews and do not accept money from online casinos to promote/boost their reviews. If their review is a part of a paid promotion, we will be transparent with this information. By doing all of the above, we can ensure that what we are telling you, is indeed factual.
Years of Experience: We take care to provide you with the advice from our team that has the relevant experience and background in the online casino games industry. Our writers are knowledgeable on the topic and will only ever recommend online casinos that they previously have made use of, or would spend their own money at.
Popular Online Casino Games
Online casino games have become extremely popular on our Aussie shores. Below you’ll find some of the key online games people are most interested in, as well as how to play them.
- Online Pokies: this a favourite among all players whereby you play using an online slot machine, and your winnings are determined whether all 3 of your icons match correctly. Pokies is the slang name that Australians use to call slots.
- Online Roulette: this is a very popular online and land-based casino game whereby the objective is to guess where the ball where the ball will land on in a spinning wheel.
- Online Blackjack: this a card game favoured by many where players try their best to get their hand to amount to 21 and no more. It is also commonly known as Twenty-One
- Online Poker: the most common gambling online card game in the world, allows the player to guess their opponents’ combination in their hand, which remain hidden throughout. Players will increase their wager if they believe their hand is strong enough to win the round.
- Online Craps: this is more known in the States but is getting plenty of traction in Australia. It’s a game using 2 dice, and you need to roll a 7 or 11 in order to win. Unfortunately, if you roll a 2,3 or 12, lady luck is not on your side and it is counted as a loss.
OUR ONLINE CASINO EVALUATION PROCESS
Safety is essential when it comes to gambling online. We pride ourselves in selecting the correct casinos for you. We make sure that we do in-depth research to ensure we provide you with the safest and most reliable services. As a first time gambler, it is recommended that you don’t select a random casino online suggested from a search engine. There are scenarios where you may find yourself making a couple of mistakes because of this. At Jackpots Casino Australia we only recommend casinos that are reputable, approved and credible as per our Australian regulations. Ensuring that you play on a reputable site will make sure that your experience is time well spent, as well as highly enjoyable! From our reviews on our newest games and casinos, Jackpots Casino promises to be the best guide. To clarify, there is no definite answer to what the best online casino is in Australia. This is dependent on a player’s preferable taste.
Our experts at Jackpots Casino Australia take note of the following when looking into an online casino and deciding whether to recommend it or not:
- Accredited and Standardized: The suggested online casino must have a lawful license, and must have attained a prominent standing with third-party organisations that regulate online casinos.
- A Wide Variety of Games: When selecting an online casino, it is important to select a site that has an extensive range of games for you to select from. The games in question should have a broad selection of categories for you to choose from. These would include; Blackjack, Craps, Pokies, Roulette, Baccarat and much Always ensure that these online casino games are of a high quality and standard.
- Customer Assistance: A reputable online casino will ensure that you can get in contact with them in various modes on their relevant platforms. They need to ensure that they are available for the customer and have a good turnaround time and rate. It is fundamental that the online casino’s Customer Support is accessible 24 hours a day, as well as every single day of the week.
- Australian Casinos: Betting and Winning Limitations: A respected Internet casino will ensure that it provides players with as much information possible. This will highlight what the betting amounts are, as well as what the highest amount a player is able to win and the standard a player should pursue in order to increase their chances of winning.
Don’t stress if all of this is a bit difficult to understand at first. At Jackpots Casino we pride ourselves on being the middleman, to take the stress off you as much as we can. We have all the relevant information needed to assist you with an online casino before you even visit the relevant sites. Our reliable and extensive evaluation systems will systematically inform you as to what sites you should go to and spend your valued time on.
TOP 5 LAND-BASED CASINOS IN AUSTRALIA
With online casinos gaining more popularity than land-based ones, they are becoming an isolated market. However, what people tend to forget is that the experiences are entirely different! These are our picks for the top five land-based casinos in Australia
|Picture||Casino Details||Games||General info|
21 Binara Street, Canberra, Australia
|30+ Gaming Tables; Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat, Sic Bo
|Natural 9 Restaurant
Onyx Cocktail Lounge
|The Star Casino
80 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, Sydney, Australia
|Gaming Tables; Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Mahjong, Dice Games and much more
|480 Rooms and Suites
More than 8 Bars
|The Reef Hotel and Casino
35-41 Wharf Street, Cairns City, Queensland, Australia
|Table Games; Roulette, Blackjack, Mini and Midi Baccarat, Sic Bo, Reef Routine, Money Wheel and Paradise Pontoon
|Pullman Reef Hotel
Flinders Bar and Grill
Café China Seafood Restaurant
Vertigo Cocktail Bar and Lounge
8 Whiteman Street, Southbank, Melbourne, Australia
|Table Games; Blackjack, Roulette, Caribbean Stud, Sic Bo
Over 12 Restaurants
North Terrace, Adelaide, Australia
|Table games; Blackjack, Roulette and much more
TOP GAMING SOFTWARE PROVIDERS AUSTRALIA
Online casino gambling software is paramount when it comes to this industry. They are the foundation of all operations. They are able to create the basis of the platforms and games we all enjoy. The quality of the software plays a vital role in one's gaming experience and the selection of games that one has access to. Below, we have listed the most relevant gaming software familiar to the online casino industry.
|Microgaming||Known for their vast selection of Online Pokies. Launched in 1994, they have become the most popular casino software provider. They have over 600 branded games on the market, which makes them very popular in the online gaming community.||Jurassic Park Online
|NetEnt||Are most renowned for their non-downloadable casino software. They are very popular for their innovative graphics, sound effects and animation. This type of software was once based on the Java platform, which has now moved to being Flash based, which is a huge accomplishment for online casino games to date.||South Park
|Playtech||They were the first to introduce VIP programs, cash back bonus features as well as live dealer software. This has led to the transformation of many online gambling casinos. They are also known for the brilliant graphics and sound used in their games.||Marvel Online Slots
Top Trump Celebs
Euro Grand Casino
|Evolution Gaming||Is the mastermind of live video streamed dealer gaming. Although new, they are on the path to changing the way online casinos operate. Paddy Power, Ladbrokes, 888.com and many more are among some of the huge brands that they are affiliated with.||Live Dealer Versions of Roulette and Blackjack|
|Ainsworth||One of the masterminds of slot machine software, they have remained increasingly popular over the years. This being at land-based casinos as well as online casinos. Ainsworth was one of the members that founded the popular slot gaming developer Aristocrat.||Money Heat
|Aristocrat||Are more known in the land-based casino world, but their popularity in the online casino industry has increased dramatically over the years. They are responsible for developing an array of mobile games that are more accessible to the public.||
Queen of the Nile 2
Mobile Casino Games are pivotal to most of the experience, and an area of interest in most software casino based industries. Mobile casinos are available on most devices such as Android, iPhones as well as tablets.
Pay very close attention to the site that you select, and make sure that it is reputable. Although Mobile casinos are available for Australians, not many of them are tailor-made for their mobile phones. This is due to the fact that many of these games are still tailored for the North American and European market.
You need to be aware of the following before playing on these mobile online casinos;
- Banking – although you can make use of your Visa and Mastercard. Many of these apps do not cater to the Australian market that makes frequent use of POLi, and other Australian banking methods. If you playing on an international site, this could be a challenge for you.
- Security – always make sure that the site you on has been vetted, meaning has the highest security levels to ensure that your information remains confidential. Some websites have high-end encryption for their desktop casino software, but in an effort to rush their Australian mobile applications to the consumer, they didn’t spend too much time on their security settings. Be mindful when you visiting any sites, but more so with mobile casino apps.
- Game Selection – make sure that you select an app or internet casino that offers you a variation of choices. If the Aussie app you’re planning to select has a limited amount of games, you will get bored quite fast. Make use of top Android, Blackberry and iPhone applications that meet the desired criteria above.
WHAT ELSE DOES JACKPOTS CASINO OFFER
We aim to provide our users with the most informative and honest information about online casinos. Ultimately our goal is to make sure that our readers are directed in the right direction when selecting internet casinos.
One can keep up to date with online casino industry news- locally and internationally. We aim to make you smarter and better at the game than you were before, with fantastic pointers and strategies. You can trust us to review the most exciting online games to hit the Aussie shores! Jackpots Casino also ensures your safety, by warning you against any potential unsavory casinos that may try and scam you.
By making use of our reliable site, you can trust that you are in good hands!
GLOSSARY - TOP INTERNET CASINO TERMS
Roulette: A gambling game in which a small ball is systematically dropped onto a revolving wheel with differently numbered compartments. The objective is to guess where the ball will land in order to obtain your winnings.
Blackjack: This is popular gambling card game whereby players attempt to get the value of their hand to 21 and no more. It is also known as Twenty-One.
Pokies: A term used by Australians to refer to Slot Machines. It is a machine that has 3 or more reels that spin when the button on the machine is pushed. This machine operates off patterns of symbols that are visible on the front of the machine when it comes to a stop.
Craps: A very popular gambling game in North America, whereby 2 dice are used to play. If you roll a 7 or an 11, this is a winning throw. However, if you throw a 2, 3, or 12 is a losing throw.
Bingo: A game where players mark off numbers on cards that are randomly drawn by the caller (dealer). The first person to mark off their numbers is the winner.
Baccarat: A very popular card game where players hold 2 or 3 card hands. The winning hand is the one where giving the highest remainder when its face value is divided by 10
Shark: Refers to a very good gambler
Whale: Refers to a gambler who gambles large amounts of money
Bonus: This is an incentive that online casinos use to attract or encourage players to sign up to their sites, or bet on games. There are various bonuses, such as welcome bonus, no deposit bonuses, high roller bonus and bonuses that are relevant to the games that you play.
Microgaming: A very popular gaming software company that has changed gaming as we know it. Their innovative games and quality standards ensure a great gaming experience.
Sports Betting: The activity of predicting sports results and placing bets on what you think the outcome will be. This has become very popular on online casino games.
RNG:A type of software that generates numbers at random. It is commonly called a Random Number Generator
Wager Agreement: Classified as a bonus requirement, or a play through demand. This often refers you to the amount of money you have to bet with in order to receive a casino bonus.
eCogra: E-commerce and Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance. This is the organisation that regulates many online casinos and gaming companies.
ONLINE CASINO FAQS
HOW TO GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY
At Jackpots Casino we view online casino games as an interactive form of entertainment for adults.
We are dedicated to promoting responsible gambling as well as educating our players on the prevention and treatment of the addiction.
It is best to gamble in moderation and set yourself a personal amount of what you wish to spend on the relevant site. It is also recommended that you do not use gambling as a form of making genuine money, but rather as a form of entertainment and a way to relax. If you need assistance with limits, make use of the deposit limits, that are normally found within "My Account" section
A user should always be mindful that if online casinos are interfering with your personal life or any other engagements, it is best to seek help. If you have ever lied about the amount of money that you are spending online, you may need to reevaluate why you are gambling.
There are support groups that can assist you in kerbing your problem, or if you feel you need a form of support, please see the table below.
|Australian 1800 Gambling Helpline||This is hotline is best suited for people with gambling problems as well as their families. You can speak directly with a counsellor locally, irrespective of where you may be phoning from||Toll-free 1800 858 858|
|Gambling Help Online||This is a well-networked system that enables people facing a possible gambling addiction to communicate with someone online. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and cover varying issues affecting online casino users. The site hosts a number of tools to try and assist you, and the "Risk Assessment" survey is a great tool to use as well.||www.gamblinghelponline.org.uk|
|Relationships Australia||Is able to offer many tools to assist problem gamblers, as well as their families.||www.relationships.org.au|
|Gambling Therapy||This service provides support as well as counselling for anyone negatively affected by gambling. Members of this organisation operate from locations all over the world.||www.gamblingtherapy.org|
QUICK FACTS ABOUT AUSTRALIA
- Prime Minister: Malcolm Turnbull
- Currency: Australian Dollar
- Language: English, Mandarin, Italian, Arabic, Cantonese and Greek
- National Animal: Red Kangaroo
- Women were first allowed to vote in 1902
- 20% of the Pokie machines in the world are found here